Sunday, April 16, 2006
Home







God gave me travelling shoes
God gave me the wanderer’s eye
God gave me a few gold coins
To help me to the other side
Looked around and said
‘Be careful how small things grow’
God gave me travelling shoes
And I knew that it was time to go

Sent in the ship at night
To take me to the hidden port
Found me the key at last
To open up the prison doors
Brought down the blackbirds wings
Gifted me with beggars eyes
Sent in the jackals to tell me
I should say bye, bye, bye

(chorus)
I’m home, home, home, home, home
And I’m home, home, home, home, home
But I’m miles and miles and miles,
Μiles and miles away
Where can I hide?

God gave me one last chance
Gave me one last reprieve
Jah gave me hunger
Gave me the air to breathe
Gave me one suitcase
Gave me one last goodbye
Gave me travelling shoes,
Without them I would surely die, die, die

(chorus)
Home, home, home, home, home
And I’m home, home, home, home, home
But I’m miles and miles and miles,
And I’m miles away, miles away
And I’m miles away...


(Simple Minds, from ‘Black & White 050505’)

Labels:

 
posted by Serenity at 14:29 | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 17/4/06 01:10, Blogger Serenity

    Welcome, non private life

     
  • At 17/4/06 14:29, Blogger Unknown

    Την ποιό γλυκιά μου καλημέρα
    στο πιο δροσερό κορίτσι
    της συντροφιάς μου.
    Δεν με κτύπησε η άνοιξη σήμερα
    η ψυχή μου τα λέει!

    ο γιος της θάλασσας!

     
  • At 17/4/06 14:42, Blogger Serenity

    Καλησπέρα στη γλυκιά ψυχή σου, Καπετάνιε μου!

    Εγώ πάντως εύχομαι να μας 'χτυπήσει' ΟΛΟΥΣ η Άνοιξη!

    Νομίζω ότι το χρειαζόμαστε!
    :-P